Every one knows KLCI index comprises from 30 main stocks listed in KLSE, or BURSA Malaysia. KLCI index is the capitalization-weight indexes that calculated from the 30 stocks, perhaps these 30 stocks are the heavy weight companies in Malaysia.
KLCI Index Sector Coverage
The KLCI index cover most of the sector or industry in listed in KLSE, such as Finance, Plantation, Tele-communication, Games, Utilities, Consumer and Transport.
Finance and Plantation are the main 2 sectors comprise for KLCI index. These 2 sectors occupy half the weight for the index. Follow with Utilities, Gaming, Tele-communication, Transport and Consumer.
Company Comprises of KLCI index
KLCI index comprises of the top 30 capitalization weight listed company listed in KLSE. Most of the companies are famous or well known company.
Sime Darby, Maybank, Public bank, CIMB & Tenaga national are the few giants listed company in Malaysia. These 5 companies engaged around 40% weight of KLCI index.
Least weight in KLCI index
Consumer sector are the least weighted sector in KLCI index. It only occupies 5% weight of overall KLCI index.
The 30 shares for KLCI index
1) AMMB Holdings Bhd (MYX: 1015)
2) Axiata Group Berhad (MYX: 6888)
3) British American Tobacco Malaysia (MYX: 4162)
4) CIMB Group Holdings Bhd (MYX: 1023)
5) DIGI.COM Bhd (MYX: 6947)
6) Gamuda Berhad (MYX: 5398)
7) Genting Group (MYX: 3182)
8) Genting Malaysia Berhad (MYX: 4715)
9) Hong Leong Bank Bhd (MYX: 5819)
10) Hong Leong Group (MYX: 1082)
11) IOI Corporation Bhd (MYX: 1961)
12) Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd (MYX: 2445)
13) Malayan Banking Bhd (MYX: 1155)
14) Malaysian Marine Heavy Engineering Bhd (MYX: 5186)
15) Maxis Berhad (MYX: 6012)
16) MISC Bhd (MYX: 3816)
17) MMC Corporation Berhad (MYX: 2194)
18) Petronas Chemical Bhd (MYX: 5183)
19) Petronas Dagangan Bhd (MYX: 5681)
20) Petronas Gas Bhd (MYX: 6033)
21) PLUS Expressways Berhad (MYX: 5052)
22) PPB Group Bhd (MYX: 4065)
23) Public Bank Bhd (MYX: 1295)
24) RHB Capital Bhd (MYX: 1066)
25) Sime Darby Berhad (MYX: 4197)
26) Tenaga Nasional Bhd (MYX: 5347)
27) Telekom Malaysia Bhd (MYX: 4863)
28) UMW Holdings (MYX: 4588)
29) YTL Corporation Bhd (MYX: 4677)
30) YTL Power International Bhd (MYX: 6742)
(remark: source from KLCI)
Monitor for KLCI index
With above quick analysis, investor should be able to find the opportunity while performing the analysis on KLCI index.